It's almost May and very soon Monaco will be alive to the roar of the F1 engines whizzing around the principality. This is one of the most glittering occasions in the South of France calendar and the whole of the Riviera is alive with celebrities, the restaurants and busy but that all inevitably leads to traffic and congestion. So here are our top 5 tips for making the most of your visit to the Monaco Grand Prix.
1. Reserve your private villa in the hills just above Monaco which means that you are away from all the hustle and bustle but within easy reach of the action. Villa Bon Ton with amazing views over the Principality is idea.
View from Villa Bon Ton across the Principality of Monaco
2. Take the train. If you are planning to visit other areas of the South of France while you are here then taking the train is a great option. All areas of the coast are well served and you can even pop over the border into Italy with little difficulty.
3. Arrive Early or Stay Late. Arriving on the first practice day and leaving on the Monday morning is expensive and congested. Nice Airport will be busy, flights will be full and the best option to is arrive a couple of days before and leave a couple of days after the Grand Prix. Treat yourself to a few well earned days of rest and relaxation.
4. Buy your tickets for the Grand Prix from a reliable source. Unfortunately, as with many key events there are ticket sources that are not officially accredited and where you run the risk of ending up without the seat in the grandstand that you've paid for. Go to the Monaco Tourist Board website for all the key information about ticketing for the Grand Prix 2014.
5. Sun Cream and an Umbrella. In recent years we have had everything from 25 degrees of sunshine to lashing rain for the Monaco Grand Prix - be prepared!
Book Villa Bon Ton and over 350 other villas in the South of France with the team at Cote d'Azur Villas.