The iconic Cannes Film Festival comes to town in May each year and Cannes is alive with celebrities, limousine and the world famous red carpet.
But how do you survive? It's busy, traffic is heavy and if you're in Cannes to do business then here are our top 5 tips for making the most of your visit to the South of France.
1. Accommodation - Hotels are busy and expensive but choosing a private Cannes villa to rent is a cost effective and altogether much more enjoyable way to visit the Film Festival.
2. Location - So you've decided to rent a villa but make sure it's in the right location. Honestly if you're not within a 10 minute walk then you're going to spend your time stuck in horrid Cannes traffic. A great solution is Villa Mystique, just a 10 minute walk to the heart of the action at the Palais des Festivals.
3. Parties - Lots! It's Cannes after all, but what about organising a party or a film launch? Why not make the most of your Cannes villa and organise your event in the same location? Easy, cost effective and much less hassle than trying to find a separate venue.
4. Be Selective - Days at the Film Festival are long and this year the prizes are being awarded a day earlier so we have even more to cram in. There is a schedule full on screenings from morning until late at night, but be selective, it's impossible to see or do everything. Plan before you arrive and stick to it.
5. Arrive Early - Stay Late. Mix a little business with pleasure and add a few days on at the beginning or end of your stay. Cannes is a wonderful location from which to explore the Cote d'Azur. Take the train into Monaco for the Grand Prix, hire a car and drive along the coast into St Tropez or just wander down to the beach and enjoy being in the heart of one of the most beautiful places in Europe.